Rex LF Low Fluor Gliders
With LF series you get most of the innovations introduced with HF-series, at an economical level. The yellow, blue and green versions cover all typical conditions and specially formulated black and pink waxes for new and old snow complete the series. Compared to HF series gliders, the LF series are also slightly easier to apply. Also available in 200g service line packaging.
LF Pink / Old Snow
A specialty wax formulated for all kinds of old snow, from wet slush to icy crust. Suitable for a wide temperature range, as the snow type is more important than temperature. The wax is relatievly hard, so it's easiest to apply when you first rub the block onto hot iron, and then rub it to ski base. Scrape when still warm, let cool down and brush.
Applying Rex Gliders (Hot Waxing)
Standard hot waxing procedure using Rex Gliders.
- Melt wax onto the base
- Apply the glide wax as an even layer
- Keep the iron moving to prevent damaging the ski base
- Scrape the excess glide wax off
- Brush with horsehair brush (opening up the base structure is easier while the wax is still warm, especially when using harder gliders: blue, green, black)
- Let the ski cool down
- Finish with a nylon brush and wipe with a cloth