LF Low Fluor series replaces the RCF series, offering more wax and performance. The waxes are suitable for racing as well as for recreational skiing, and includes waxes that are suitable in broad applications either as a middle layer as well as a final layer. Rex LF waxes combine the performance properties of HF High Fluor glide waxes, and the economies of non-fluor waxes. The most popular waxes are also available in 300 gram packages.
LF Low Fluor blue is the fluorinated version of the legendary Rex Blue. Works both on new and old snow. The “official benchmark wax” for the Rex Service and Product Development teams. In racing use, a ski base waxed with Blue LF is a good starting point for any wax of the day.
Applying Rex Gliders (Hot Waxing)
Standard hot waxing procedure using Rex Gliders.
- Melt wax onto the base
- Apply the glide wax as an even layer
- Keep the iron moving to prevent damaging the ski base
- Scrape the excess glide wax off
- Brush with horsehair brush (opening up the base structure is easier while the wax is still warm, especially when using harder gliders: blue, green, black)
- Let the ski cool down
- Finish with a nylon brush and wipe with a cloth