Rex Base preparation kit, with Base oil and Base Wax
1. Clean ski bases of old wax as follows: Melt base wax on the glide zones, and iron in carefully. Scrape while the wax is still hot. Let the ski cool down, and brush with a brass brush (5-10 strokes). Wipe off excess dust with a clean cloth.
2. Apply a thin layer of Base Oil onto the glide zones.
3. Melt Base Wax over the Base Oil and let it penetrate into the base by heating it carefully with a waxing iron.
4. Let the wax absorb into the bases in a room temperature at least overnight. The warmer the room, the better the absorption of Base Oil.
5. Scrape off excess wax with a plexi scraper and repeat the base preparation (see phases 2-4). Two treatments with oil and wax gives you the result of ten ordinary base preparation treatments. If needed, the oil-wax –treatment can be done more than twice.
6. Go on by applying a layer of Rex Racing Blue #423, and iron it in two times. Let the ski cool down between the ironings. Scrape off excess wax.
7. Once the base preparation is done, the skis are ready for the wax of the day.